What: Superheroes wanted at Iowa’s Best Blood Drive
When: Friday, May 23, 2014
7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: Marshall Town Center (2500 S. Center St., Marshalltown)
KIX 101.1 and KFJB Radio Stations
Marshall Town Center
LifeServe Blood Center
No appointment necessary! All donors will receive a FREE T-SHIRT and will enjoy FREE treats from Kwik Star and Heavenly Breads! Plus, all donors will receive a $10 gift card to Jensen Ford that can be used toward any service, parts,
or body shop service!
• Blood donations are especially important as we approach the summer months. Blood usage is typically higher and blood donations are typically lower during this time of year.
• About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital will need blood.
• One pint makes a difference! One blood donation can save the lives of up to three different hospital patients in our community.
• Blood donation matters for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatment. In fact, cancer patients are the number one recipients of blood products.
• It is also critical that we have a stable blood supply for surgery patients, newborn babies, trauma, and accident patients and so many others in their critical time of need.
• Donating blood takes less than one hour and will positively impact someone in our community.
• Donors must be at least 16 years of age (a signed parental consent form is required for donaors age 16 and 17)
• Donors must weigh at least 120 pounds
• Donors should be in general good health
• Donors should eat a good meal before donating
• Donors should bring a photo ID or blood donor ID card
• Call LiveServe Blood Center at 1.800.287.4903 or visit www.lifeservebloodcenter.org