A man linked to multiple robberies in Story County has been arrested. According to a release from the Story County Sheriff’s Office, after an extensive investigation officers have arrested 34-year-old Jacob Clair of Collins.
Investigators believe that Clair entered several rural homes in Story County over the course of the last six months. While there he would focus on jewelry, precious metals, coins, and firearms.
When a search warrant was issued by Story County Sheriff’s and the Central Iowa Drug task Force, officers recovered items, from Clair, believed to have been stolen from those homes in Story county along with some other items believed to have been stolen from Marshall County.
Under the terms of the arrest warrant, Clair was picked up for:
- 1 count of Ongoing Criminal Conduct
- 1 count of 1st Degree Theft (Class B Felony)
- 1 count of 3rd Degree Theft (Class C Felony)
- 6 counts of 3rd Degree Burglary (Aggravated Misdemeanor)
- And various drug and weapons charges (Class D Felony)
The investigation is still ongoing.
--By 1230 KFJB News Reporter Katherine Fritcke