Connect With Us
                     

NEWS

 

Racing news

by KIX101.1 /1230 KFJB News Department posted May 28 2014 10:14AM

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Authorities have dropped a preliminary murder charge against a man arrested in a deadly shooting near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Marion County prosecutor's office spokesman A.J. Deer said Wednesday there were problems with witnesses' identification of 19-year-old Avory Johnson.

The Indianapolis man had been jailed since he was arrested soon after the shooting death of 25-year-old Max Levine of Kokomo in a parking lot near the track about 2 a.m. Saturday.

A Marion County Jail spokesman says Johnson was released Tuesday afternoon.

Police say an argument preceded the shooting. Levine's mother says her son was camping in the lot with a group of friends before Sunday's Indianapolis 500.

Deer says prosecutors are continuing to work with investigators and charges could be refiled later.


 
Filed Under :
Topics : Law_Crime
05/28/2014 10:17AM
Racing news
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :