House fire in Marshalltown.
by KIX101.1 /1230 KFJB News Department
posted Aug 20 2014 4:32AM
The Marshalltown Fire Department reported a house fire at 3 West Olive Street Monday night.
Acting Fire Chief Scott Johnson says it was a single story Ranch style home, respondents saw fire coming from a room in the northwest corner of the house as they arrived.
All the occupants of the home got out okay.
He says a clothes dryer fire is likely to blame with some 25 to 30-thousand dollars in damage to the room of origin and smoke damage throughout the house.
One of the occupants did drive themselves to the E-R for treatment of first degree burns to the hands.
The fire broke out about 10:30 at night and fire crews were on the scene for some 90 minutes.