Connect With Us
                     

NEWS

 

Glenwood Resource Center fined after incident

by KIX101.1 /1230 KFJB News Department posted Aug 1 2014 10:12AM

GLENWOOD, Iowa (AP) — The state Department of Human Services says a resident of the Glenwood Resource Center swallowed three batteries and had to be treated at a hospital.

The agency on Thursday says it agreed to pay a $2,000 state fine because of the incident, which happened June 2 at the facility for people with intellectual disabilities.

The resident was treated at a hospital before being released a few days later.

After the incident, the center notified the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals about the matter and submitted a self-correction plan. The agency on Thursday cited Glenwood for failing to provide required supervision as specified in the resident's individual service plan.

Filed Under :
Topics : PoliticsSocial Issues
Location : GlenwoodIowa
08/01/2014 10:12AM
Glenwood Resource Center fined after incident
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :
On Air Now
Kix Listener Club
Recent Posts
U of Iowa keeps resolute stance on fired field hockey coach
Poker players file lawsuit after troopers seize winnings
News conference scheduled regarding fatal school fight
Ohio State field stormer loses scholarship
Beaten Giants fan seeks second lawsuit against Dodgers
Tag Cloud
No Tags Found !
Categories 
Archives