Connect With Us
                     

NEWS

 

FEMA offers $2M to settle with Water Works agency

by KIX101.1 /1230 KFJB News Department posted Mar 26 2014 10:15AM

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The Des Moines Waterworks board has voted to approve a settlement offer of more than $2 million from the federal government to resolve a lawsuit over flood repair funding approved by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and later withdrawn.

The utility filed the lawsuit in December 2012 after FEMA withdrew $7.6 million in approved disaster funding to help repair damage along the Des Moines and Raccoon rivers caused by the 2008 flood.

FEMA approved money in 2010 but rescinded it in 2011 after the waterworks agency had already spent $2 million. FEMA concluded after that improvements on natural river banks do not meet funding requirements.

Waterworks CEO Bill Stowe says he recommended approval of the $2.17 million settlement offer.

The board met Tuesday afternoon.


 
Filed Under :
People : Bill Stowe
03/26/2014 10:09AM
FEMA offers $2M to settle with Water Works agency
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :
On Air Now
Kix Listener Club
Recent Posts
Family of F-1 driver says Bianchi still in critcal condition
Bumgarner, Giants beat Royals to win World Series
Zac Brown band one of many acts accompanying Playoff
Soccer player's sexist tweet results in three-game ban
Soccer ref disciplined after breaking protocol to watch Ed Sheeran
Tag Cloud
No Tags Found !
Categories 
Archives